Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEE!

I feel something akin to Gene Wilder's character in Young Frankenstein (or would it be FRANK-en-steen?).  Either way, I'm torn between excitement and dismay.

Why?  Because I published my very first pattern.  I'm so damned afraid that no one will like the thing.  I'm sure other designers feel that more often than not.

But still....you know?

Mr. DJ had a large part in me making this pattern.  He was the one that encouraged me to try.  I was hesitant for one reason, I didn't know if I could.  The thought percolated in my head for several weeks before I had a picture of what I wanted.

And here it is:
 
Made with not even 130 yards of a superwash/sillk blend fingering weight yarn.  It smooshes down into almost nothing.  A soft nothing, though.  I can see someone wearing this on those early spring days that are sunny but windy enough.  Someone tested Gateway in a DK weight.  It looks so cozy, too.

Now it's a waiting game to see how it goes.  What can I say?  I might need some validation.

No comments:

Post a Comment